The Future of Technical Interviewing: A Conversation with Amanda and Hans of eTeki
Do you recruit IT professionals? Are you responsible for critical IT projects? Ever wish for a better way to validate the candidates’ technical competence before wasting significant company resources? If that sounds like you, this episode is for you, where Amanda and Hans from eTeki, join us. eTeki, the global marketplace for technical interviews, is an on-demand technical interviewing platform that addresses the challenges of technical screening and IT talent acquisition.
Let’s face it. There is no doubt that hiring the right employee for a position is crucial for a company's success. It will save you time and money on recruiting, reduce your risk of investing in an unqualified candidate and increase the overall morale of your company. But that is not always easy. Join the conversation with Hans and Amanda and learn more about the modern recruitment revolution.
Hans Bukow brings 25+ years of experience in founding and leading innovative venture-backed enterprise software and Web companies. Hans is recognized for co-creating $3B+ software-centric technology categories: Manufacturing Execution Software (MES), Professional Project Work Marketplaces-Exchanges, and Vendor Management Systems (VMS).
Amanda Cole has more than 20 years of experience developing innovative programs staffed by the non-traditional workforce, including freelancers, paid & unpaid interns, boards of directors, special event volunteers, and skill-based volunteer programs. The annual value of services rendered for the largest programs exceeded $18M. She is communications professional with superior facilitation and training skills, an engaging public speaking presence, and a fanatic about synergistic business relationships.
What You Will Learn:
- [01:07] A bit about the eTeki Saas hiring platform and the problem solved
- [03:33] The process of hiring in the eTeki program
- [07:10] How both companies and staffing agencies are using eTeki
- [10:35] The secret to the success of online platforms in the gig economy space
- [12:21] The economics of hiring in an online marketplace such as eTeki
- [16:55] How people have adopted and embraced the video way of interviewing
- [19:36] The greatest challenges of doing things the techy way
- [24:00] Episode wrap-up and calls to action
- “Since the Covid-19 pandemic, everyone in business is driven by data.” - Hans [01:52]
- “In the gig economy space, the most successful and profitable online platforms are the ones that curate their talent.”-Host [10:35]
- “Efficiency is important, but effectiveness is just as important too.”- Hans [13:38]
- “People have adopted and embraced the new way of interviewing through the video.”- Amanda [16:50]
- “Any innovation is not going to give you instant results overnight.’-Amanda [22:33]
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson: https://www.amazon.com/Moved-Cheese-Spencer-Johnson-M-D/dp/0743582853
The eTeki Platform